Graduation... It's a weird time. This past weekend was my brother's graduation from the University of Iowa. He graduated with the same degree and in the same building at the same time. It was a deja-vu feeling, walking down the stairs in my black gown and cap surrounded by my friends. It was a very different perspective to be sitting amongst the parents, grandparents and siblings. To this day it feels like I should have not graduated yet, much less my brother. It was a great weekend overall, going to my favorite college bar, Brothers and Spoco, favorite restaurant, Mickey's Grill and seeing some of my favorite people! Iowa City you have been great and I will always cherish the memories made there and the many more to come. Iowa City will always have a soft spot in the heart.
July 23/24 th , 2012 I don’t think I have ever had a longer day. It all started with O’Hare Airport and ended along a cobblestone streets and centuries old bars. Saying good-bye to my family was by far one of the toughest things I have ever done, yes even more stressful than college finals or the LSAT. However, I know this is a great experience and I wanted to take full advantage of the opportunity I have. Or that is what I thought when I first got on the airplane in Chicago. The next few days were, let’s say, like a rollercoaster. I had a lot of ups and downs all within 48 hours. I arrived to Barcelona safely and everything was going great. The people I was sitting next to on both planes reassured me that I was going to love Barcelona and love traveling and very fortunate. The flights were quicker than I thought and I did not sleep an ounce. By the time I actually arrived to Barcelona I was running on excitement, which was...

Comments
Post a Comment