Skip to main content

First Stop of the Southeast Asia Tour- Singapore

I have always been interested in Southeast Asia, but never thought I would have the chance to go. I went to Europe on my own, but I felt this trip I needed some travel buddies.

When I first met Gina in Hawaii she mentioned going to Thailand after the assignment. Well, that interest is becoming a reality.

Gina, Amber and myself are doing a trip through Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand. Amber is a fellow travel nurse that also has a passion, for well, travel.

Getting to Singapore was a daunting thought- 24 hours on a plane. But it actually was not that bad, All Nippon Airways was great! They had comfy seating, excellent entertainment, surprisely good food and very nice flight attendants.
Burger patty, rice, carrots; salad; noodle soup; antipasto; spinach and chicken salad; vanilla ice cream
I landed in Singapore around 11:30pm, so I decided to just grab a hotel and shower and get some rest. It was a very charming hotel, that was previously an Opera House. It was located in Chinatown and had a little balcony overlooking the main street.

 
Chinatown was preparing for the New Year and the area was very lively and colorfully decorated. I really enjoyed my time at Hotel 1887.
The next morning I got up, had some breakfast and met up with Amber. She was already at the Quarter's Hostel, which was going to be our next stay. Quarter's Hostel was capsule style- meaning little pods. I really liked the privacy and not waking up to someone looking at you.

Amber and I explore Chinatown as we were waiting for Gina to arrive. Once we all found eachother we set out to explore Marina Bay Sands Resort and Gardens by the Bay.

The décor was so bright and beautiful

Singapore is immaculate; they do not allow eating/drinking/smoking in the metro station. It was the cleanest metro I have ever seen in my life. The whole city was very well taken care of and the people were very proud of their city.
 Cleanest metro EVER!

This resort was unreal! It looked like a massive ship perched up ontop of three towers. There were multiple restaurants/bars and an infinity pool located on the 57th floor.
 Marina Bay Sands and Singapore Flyer (pod ferris wheel)
Infinity pool on 57th floor

The views were outstanding, my favorite was at night. Singapore was so colorful and vibrant.
Every night the Gardens by the Bay put on a lightshow, this was very interesting and a huge tourist attraction, we decided to watch from ontop of Marina Bay Sands from the bar Ce La Vi.
 Ce La Vi
 
 
 
Gardens by the Bay during the day
 
The next day we decided to explore a city park, Fort Canning. It used to be an old military bunker and we stumbled upon this mystical staircase.


Time to head to Kuala Lumpur! We flew there and going through Singapore airport was quite the experience. I was questioning whether I was in a mall or an airport. Everything about Singapore was very nice and sparkling clean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I turned 33 while in Malaysia! If you would have asked me what I thought I would be doing on my 33rd birthday, celebrating in the hill country of Malaysia would be the farthest from my mind. But that is exactly what I got to do!! And it was amazing! We decided to take a bus to the hill country to explore a different side of Malaysia. I must has it was a nice change from the hustle and bustle of major busy cities. Cameron Highlands are located approximately 3 hours north of Kuala Lumpur. Their main attraction are tea plantation and strawberry farms. Now this may not sound very exciting; but it was beautiful sights and we had a great time exploring the small town of Tanah Ranah. BOH Tea Plantation Bee farmers and their bee hives The hostel we stayed at was perfect location and of course we grabbed some Asia food for dinner and a couple beers with a new friend we made on the bus trip to the highlands. I am on a soup kick- so delicious I had a TomYum noodle soup and it

Scooters, Scooters EVERYWHERE!!

We arrived in Ho Chi Minh and what a drastic change it was from Siem Reap. There were so many people, cars and motorbikes. I really enjoyed and laid back feel of Siem Reap; now time for a busy city. We grabbed a taxi and headed to District 1. Our hostel was located right in the middle of the restaurant and bar district. Once we dropped our bags off at the hostel we walked down the main street and grabbed a coffee at a local egg coffe shop. After the Vietnam War there was a shortage of milk, so the Vietnamese started using egg in their coffee. It was delicious! It was a creamy, frothy texture and did not taste like egg. It came to be a favorite coffee place; even for Amber who is a tea-aholic! For dinner we went to a Pho soup place- it was savory and very filling. I am still going strong on my soup kick. When continued to explore District 1 and grabbed a few drinks before calling it a night. The next day we wandered around the local market; you could literally buy anything y
August 1, 2015. - Off to our next stop! London!! Dublin was fun but a bit chilly. We are ready for some warmer weather, since that is the majority of the clothing we brought. aka getting tired of wearing leggings and matching jean jackets.... We got lucky while in Dublin and did not run into much rain or sad Irish weather, mostly full sunshine with a cool breeze. For our last night in Dublin we decided to go out with a girl we met in the hostel who was very interesting but was by herself and gave off hints that she did not wait to be alone, so why not make a new friend. Catalina is from Chile and is traveling throughout Europe for the next 4 months and then going to Asia for 6-8 months. She is thirty years old and doesn't seem to have a strong family connection and strangely would not tell us what she did back in Chile to gain all this traveling money, like I said she was interesting... I dont know how she is doing it be herself and with only a backpack. Oh well! Best of luck to